Vol. 15 Nbr. 6, November 2002
- Positive change to make a difference for midwives, women and newborns: Joyce Thompson, Director of the ICM Board of Management, describes future plans for Safe Motherhood and a greater voice for members within the ICM.
- Midwives' initiatives in reducing violence against women: Africa and the Caribbean: following the ICM Pre-Congress Workshop held in Vienna, April 2002, midwives' efforts to make a difference to women suffering violence have strengthened.
- Afghanistan: in the aftermath of conflict: Mary Gibson and Dineke Mol write of their experiences in Afghanistan aiming to re-establish midwifery training, increase skilled attendance at birth and improve outcomes for women.
- UNICEF and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention joint study in Afghanistan.
- Two reports from WHO focus on action: against violence & promoting healthy life.
- Dangers of Enterobacter sakazakii in powdered infant formula.
- Giving midwives a seat at the policy table.
- ICM 7th Asia Pacific Regional Conference.
- New online access to African health data.
- WHO document on skilled attendants.
- `Reproductive Health Matters'.