Vol. 18 No. 5, September 2005
- ICM Council--midwives from across the world united by their ideals and convictions: Kathy Herschderfer, ICM Secretary General, describes the work leading up to Council 2005, and the experience of seeing in action 'this incredible organisation'.
- ICM Membership Survey.
- More productive work from ICM's Young Midwifery Leaders.
- Multidisciplinary Collaborative Primary Maternity Care Project.
- ICM represents health professionals in new Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health: since the launch of the new Partnership, work is progressing rapidly to establish effective action towards meeting the Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5.
- The ICM 'showcases'--a new feature at the international congress in Brisbane, Australia: representatives from ICM's global partner organisations came to Brisbane to tell midwives of their commitment to working together for safe motherhood.
- 'A new image: the midwife as advocate and activist'--an ICM workshop: Nester T Moyo, ICM Programme Manager, and Elizabeth Duff, ICM Communications Manager, proposed an assertive new image for midwives.
- AIDS virus weakening?
- Synergising HIV/AIDS and Sexual & Reproductive Health rights--a manual for NGOs.
- Advances in legislation against baby milk promotion in Africa.
- Breastfeeding in aftermath of disasters in USA.
- Obesity--linked diabetes and stillbirth.
- World agencies in aid efforts after Pakistan earthquake.
- International confederation of midwives.