Vol. 18 Nbr. 6, November 2005
> SIGN UP FREE
- A continuum of global and headquarters activity takes ICM forward into 2006; Kathy Herschderfer is in India at the Taj Mahal, a monument to a woman's death in childbirth and a reminder of the importance of work towards safe motherhood.
- New faces and new directions at ICM: 'goodbyes' and 'hellos' to headquarters staff; Jessica Gonzalez brings readers up to date with changes at ICM headquarters, where there are new faces with new skills to enhance services for members.
- Meet the new ICM Deputy Director--Canadian midwife Bridget Lynch: the 2005 ICM Council elected Bridget Lynch as Deputy Director of the ICM Board. During the first meeting in The Hague, she talked to Elizabeth Duff.
- The role of ICM Regional Representative: Joyce Safe.
- Promoting the health of mothers and newborns during birth and the postnatal period; Nester T Moyo describes a successful Collaborative Safe Motherhood Pre-Congress Workshop, held in Brisbane, Australia, July 21-23, 2005.