Vol. 19 No. 1, March 2006
- ICM--keeping our members in touch: Judi Brown looks forward to the transition triennium and outlines ICM's next steps.
- The international day of the midwife.
- Honour for ICM volunteer.
- The experience of being an ICM regional representative: Ruth Brauen and Maria Assunta Facchi are former European representatives for ICM who stood down last year--here they write of their feelings about the role.
- Guidelines for ethical research collaboration across international and culturally diverse communities.
- 'Well-organised, participatory, interactive, friendly!'--a White Ribbon Alliance workshop: Betsy McCallon of the White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) describes recent activities designed to spread the WRA's work wider and consolidate links with the ICM.
- Three workshops on safe motherhood issues: obstetric fistula, PPH and skilled birth attendants: ICM was involved with workshops held in Brisbane, Australia; Lusaka, Zambia; and Behror, India.
- Delivery of breech babies: new data.
- World Health Day 2006.
- World health report 2006.
- 17th workshop on midwifery research in the German speaking area.
- Canadian Association of midwives/L'association canadienne des sage-femmes.
- New nursing and midwifery website from WHO Europe.
- Resourcing global health.
- Viet Nam eliminates maternal and neonatal tetanus.