Vol. 19 No. 3, September 2006
- ICM--keeping our members in touch: ICM Deputy Director Bridget Lynch reports on the June 2006 board meeting.
- 'Triad communique' from ICM, ICN and WHO.
- Award-winning design team to modernise ICM image.
- ICM Board members, staff and guests go to the seaside!(News from ICM and partners) (International Confederation of Midwives)
- Young midwifery leaders enter the final stage of their groundbreaking programme: Nester T Moyo, ICM Programme Manager, describes the workshop held in Ljubljana, Slovenia, in March 2006.
- 'The world needs midwives--now more than ever'--International Day of the Midwife 2006: midwives and others around the world celebrated the International Day on May 5.
- Addressing maternal mortality in Bolivia: women say 'respectful treatment is crucial': Ulrika Rehnstrom, a midwife with the United Nations Population Fund, describes the current situation in Bolivia where it is hoped to scale up midwifery education.
- 'Respecting childbirth'.
- Top level push to tackle sexual and reproductive health.
- White Ribbon Alliance: safe motherhood champion awards.