Vol. 20 No. 1, March 2007
- ICM--keeping our members in touch: ICM Treasurer Franka Cadee gives an update on the finances and on moves for midwifery in her home country of the Netherlands.
- Meet the ICM president--British midwife Dame Karlene Davis: Karlene Davis has led the UK's Royal College of Midwives for 10 years; next year, as ICM President, she welcomes the ICM to Glasgow.
- Results from the ICM membership survey: Jessica Gonzalez of the ICM Secretariat summarises the useful information obtained from the ICM's 2006 survey of its members.
- Scaling up midwifery-reaching out to women 1st Forum on Midwifery in the Community: Karen Odberg Petterson, Della Sherratt and Nester T Moyo report on the 1st International Forum on midwifery in the community, held in Hammamet, Tunisia, 11-15 December 2006.
- ICM Research Standing Committee Networking Chair.
- IDM 2006 celebrated in Cyprus.
- New ICM secretariat office.
- President of Benin midwives visits ICM office in The Hague.
- WHO education material for teachers of midwifery.
- The promise of the non-pneumatic anti-shock garment: a new tool to use against PPH: Dawn Joyce, Jennifer Clark and Suellen Miller of the Safe Motherhood Programs, Women's Global Health Imperative, University of California San Francisco, USA.
- Award for Theresa Shaver.
- PMNCH acknowledges the role of health professionals.
- WHO report: 'Opportunities for Africa's newborns'.
- Midwives reach out to women-wherever they live/Les sages-femmes tendent la main aux femmes--ou qu'elles se trouvent dans le monde/Las matronas tienden la mano a las mujeres-dondequiera que vivan.
- Islamabad declaration on strengthening nursing and midwifery 4-6 March 2007.