Vol. 20 Nbr. 2, June 2007
- ICM--keeping our members in touch: ICM Secretary General Kathy Herschderfer gives an update on 2007 so far.
- Strengthening nursing & midwifery: scaling up capacity to reach the Millennium Development Goals: a report from Fadwa Affara on a global consultation called by ICM, ICN and WHO, hosted in Islamabad, Pakistan, 5-6 March 2007.
- Pakistan midwives bring 'traditional loving care with modern knowledge and skills': Imtiaz Taj Kamal, President of the Midwifery Association of Pakistan, introduces the new association as it is welcomed to membership with ICM this year.
- First stop on the ICM Safer Motherhood World Tour 2007: Lilongwe, Malawi: Nester T Moyo, ICM Programme Manager, describes an innovative event which puts midwives at the heart of action to make childbirth safer in Malawi.
- 'Why are there no celebrations yet?' Making best use of perinatal audit data: Nester T Moyo of ICM presented on perinatal audit and safer motherhood to the 5th European Congress on Tropical Medicine & International Health, Amsterdam, May 2007.
- ICM Southern Europe Region: new goals and priorities in education and practice: Vitor Varela, ICM Board member in the Southern Europe Region, brought together midwives from the Mediterranean countries to agree a new plan for action.
- The 8th ICM Asia Pacific Regional Congress of Midwives: 'enriching discussion and exploration': Patricia Gomez of the Integrated Midwives Association of the Philippines writes of the events in Cebu, the Philippines, at the Asia Pacific Regional Congress.
- 20th anniversary of the Safe Motherhood movement.
- Dutch initiative for improving maternal & child health.
- ICM and the 'integrated Organisation Model'.
- Information for mother and baby in Azerbaijan.
- Partners pay tribute to ICM on International Day of the Midwife.
- Partnership forum drives forward work towards MDGs.
- Safe blood for safe motherhood.
- International Stillbirth Alliance 3rd annual conference.
- Un Libro para Parteras.
- WHO recommendations for prevention of PPH.
- World Health Day 2007.