Vol. 20 Nbr. 3, September 2007
- ICM--keeping our members in touch: Judi Brown reports on the last Board meeting and the significant issues debated.
- Council meeting 2007.
- ICM Board June 2007.
- Midwives achieve legal breakthrough in USA.
- World Population Day--UNFPA action focuses on fathers.
- Two international maternity meetings: 'birth, culture and society' and 'BICOG 2007': multidisciplinary meetings focusing on different aspects of maternal health were held in London, UK, in June and July 2007.
- The International Day of the Midwife 2007: with the triennial theme of 'Keeping birth normal' and the year's focus of 'Reaching out to women', midwives celebrated in their own way across the world.
- Glasgow, Scotland: a city of culture, industry and strong communities--be there in 2008! Elizabeth Duff introduces the city of Glasgow while Canadian Joyce Barnes tells of life there in the 1960s for a midwife and the families she knew.
- New president at FCI.
- Pressure on governments to achieve MDGs.
- Zero tolerance for FGM.
- Early skin-to-skin contact for mothers and newborns.
- International Nestle-Free Week.
- NZ midwives receive awards.
- Women to be offered planned vaginal breech deliveries.