Vol. 21 Nbr. 3, September 2008
- 'We are each other's harvest ...' ICM President Bridget Lynch examines the building blocks that formed the foundations of the Confederation and looks forward as the structure strengthens and expands.
- Erratum: ICM's new Vice President.
- ICM appoints International Midwifery Adviser.
- The ICM Congress Glasgow June 2008: its success will ring in our hearts and minds: striking memories of the Congress include the dramatic opening and closing ceremonies, a stimulating scientific programme and farewells to those leaving.
- 'Healthy families: the key to the future' International Day of the Midwife 2008: ICM member associations have sent in reports of their activities on 5 May 2008, when the International Day of the Midwife (IDM) was celebrated.
- 'We must make this year one of unprecedented progress': a new UN commitment to the MDGs: high-level meetings in New York, USA, in September 2008 brought renewed pledges for support of maternal and newborn health targets.
- Midwifery action in Peru and Nicaragua actividades de las matronas en Nicara y Peru: former Board member Alicia Cillo writes from Latin America Ex miembro de la Junta de la CIM Alicia Cillo escribe desde America Latina.
- 'Where our paths cross and midwives meet, there is much to celebrate': the ICM's 28th Triennial Congress in Glasgow featured an unforgettable social and cultural programme that showcased each of the United Kingdom's four nations.
- Abiding memories from the ICM's 28th Triennial Congress in Glasgow, Scotland--June 2008: 'midwifery: a worldwide commitment to women and the newborn' was the theme of the Congress and every speaker, every session, reaffirmed the pledge.