Vol. 20 Nbr. 4, December 2007
> SIGN UP FREE
- ICM - keeping our members in touch: ICM Secretary General Kathy Herschderfer writes on lessons learned, looks forward and gives midwives some questions to consider in her farewell message.
- ICM Africa midwives meeting.
- ICM/ICN Birth Registration campaign.
- Anniversaries: the ICM journal International Midwifery.
- Anniversaries: the ICM/WHO relationship.
- Russian League of Midwives conference.
- The Nordic midwifery conference 2007: 'Midwives guarding the future': Jaana Beversdorf, editor-in-chief of Katilolehti, the Finnish midwifery magazine, describes a meeting of midwives from across the north of Europe.
- 2007 International Day of the Midwife in Ghana - correction.
- Celebrations of the 2007 International Day of the Midwife in Ethiopia.
- Midwives' conference in Vietnam: 'the role and participation of midwives in the community': the Vietnam Association of Midwives held a successful conference and workshop in 2007: association president Phan Thi Hanh reports.
- 'Women Deliver': a global conference with the theme 'invest in women--it pays!': Elizabeth Duff, ICM Communications Manager, reports on the ICM participation at this groundbreaking conference held in London, UK, in October 2007.
- 'Women deliver': ICM and partners were there.
- Maternal mortality and human rights: a report from the Women Deliver conference 2007: Mary J Renfrew, Professor of Mother and Infant Health, works on a joint programme with the Centre for Applied Human Rights, University of York, UK.
- International Day of the Midwife 5 May 2008 'healthy families: the key to the future': midwifery care for women and their babies is an investment in family and community that promotes healthy growth and well-being for present and future generations.
- Maternal mortality ratio falling too slowly to meet goal.
- The Partnership co-ordinates a new and urgent initiative.
- USA gets a Big Push.
- A Promise to Mothers Lost: healthy pregnancy and safe childbirth for all.
- Making Pregnancy Safer report: 'ensuring skilled care for every birth'.
- Risks and benefits of caesarean section.