Vol. 21 Nbr. 1, March - March 2008
> SIGN UP FREE
- Welcome to Glasgow, Scotland!
- ICM launches new website.
- UNFPA supports midwives & the International Day of the Midwife.
- Announcement from the Royal College of Midwives (RCM), UK.
- ICM Educational Standing Committee meeting.
- Malawi midwives in the news.
- 'The education of midwives in Europe: reconciling the standards': the European Midwives Association and German Midwives Association/Bund Deutscher Hebammen held a conference in Berlin, Germany, December 2007.
- Midwifery in Iceland: time to celebrate.
- 'Action to resolve the accelerating crisis in the global health workforce': the GHWA Forum: Nester T Moyo, ICM Senior Midwifery Adviser, attended the First Global Forum on Human Resources for Health, in Kampala, Uganda, 2-7 March 2008.
- ICM assists at a 'rebirth': the Midwives Association of Sierra Leone: Nester T Moyo, ICM Senior Midwifery Adviser, describes the step-by-step process of bringing a midwifery association back to life after the damage of a civil war.
- 'Gone with the Wind'--interpreting media representations of normal childbirth.
- 'The business of being born'.
- Canada: 'closer to the goal of regulated midwifery across the country': Canadian midwives Kerstin Martin and Rosalind Lydiate provide an update on midwifery regulation in the provinces of Canada.
- Countdown to 2015 conference will call for end to 10 million maternal and child deaths each year.
- International Women's Day.
- New WHO Collaborating Center at University of Chile Midwifery School.
- WHO and the health workforce.
- A simple, reusable device for safe motherhood.
- Launch of a new journal of midwifery for Africa.
- White Ribbon Alliance and 'Stories of Mothers Lost'.