Vol. 18 Nbr. 4, July 2005
> SIGN UP FREE
- Recharging the midwifery energy within us all: willingness and good spirit at ICM Council: Judi Brown, newly elected Director of the ICM Board, describes her impressions of the 2005 triennial meetings in Brisbane of the ICM Council and Congress.
- Office bearers of the ICM, newly elected by Council.
- A message for the future: 'keep the vision for healthy women and midwives!' Joyce E. Thompson, Outgoing Director, ICM Board of Management, urges midwives to drive forward the work of ICM in advancing respect and human rights for women.
- Keynote speeches at the Brisbane Congress from Canada, Malawi, the UK and Australia: four renowned midwives gave inspirational addresses on the Congress themes of history, professionalisation, current ways of knowing and future pathways.
- New representatives have been elected by regions at Council and they join the ICM Board: the four new representatives from America, Africa and Central and Southern Europe introduce themselves and pledge to take forward the work of the ICM.
- Launching the partnership for maternal, newborn and child health: after a number of recent changes in the global agencies working for mothers' and babies' wellbeing, ICM's role is at the heart of a new and powerful partnership.
- ICM position statements.
- ICN and ICM Regulators Forum.
- Young Midwifery Leaders score a hit in Brisbane!(News from ICM, members and partners)
- 'The impact of global issues on women and children'.
- Humanisation of childbirth.
- Maternal mortality reports.
- Midwives vote for revised 'Definition of the Midwife'.